Many design companies in Melbourne offer interior design as a sole standalone service. At MJ Harris Design, we are the exception! We have access to a wide range of skilled tradespeople through our sister companies at MJ Harris Group, and the interior design stage is usually only the first step in the unique concept-to-completion service we offer.
For any Design Only or Design & Build Projects we take on, our first step will be to reach out to you and set up a time for a personalized in-home consultation with one of our talented Melbourne interior designers. Our designers will use this consultation to get a sense of your individual style and budget, and will discuss such things as colours, wallpaper, floorplans, furniture and fittings as appropriate.
Armed with this information, we will put together a detailed and tailored design proposal for your approval before proceeding with the design implementation. Depending on the scope of work, the design proposal will include the following items:
- Mood boards: The mood boards consist of everything you envisage for your design project, based on our conversation during the initial consultation. We will present to you suggested colours, fabrics, flooring, lighting and furnishing themes, giving you a preview into the overall look of the finished project..
- Finishes Schedules – All finishes, fixtures and features selection for proposed works: We will compile a finishes schedule for each of the rooms required for your renovation. This will include our suggestions on flooring, lighting, fixtures, appliances, tapware, tiles etc for each room within your renovation, with prices included for each item.
- Production of 2D/3D drawings: We will draw up 2D floorplans and 3D elevations with your chosen fixtures and finishes included from the proposed finishes schedule discussed earlier. These finishes and fittings will be rendered into your 3D plans, and you will be given a digital copy for each room. Each room will have dimensions and measurements relevant to the room’s fittings and fixtures. In addition, we can also supply drawings of the following:
- 2D electrical plans for any new appliances or lighting installations, ready for an electrician to work from.
- 2D and 3D drawings of cabinetry/joining designs ready for any cabinet maker to price and construct from.
The work doesn’t have to end there. After we have come to an agreement on the design proposal, we are happy to provide you with a quote for full implementation of the project, using our in-house tradespeople at MJ Harris Painting, MJ Harris Carpentry, MJ Harris Plastering, MJ Harris Electrical, MJ Harris Plumbing and MJ Harris Landscaping. All our Interior Designers double as Project Managers, managing and liaiseing with council and building inspectors to ensure that you have all the necessary permits to undertake your renovation. From concept design to project completion, we are there to help and guide you out every step of the way.
Read more about our other interior design services including colour consulting , concept packages, lighting design, planning & permits and interior decoration.